Where to Buy Garlic in Spain
Where to buy garlic in Spain: Las Pedroñeras and Castilla La Mancha.
Garlic is one of the most commonly used and popular products in Spain, which is why it should always be on your shopping list. This might make us ask ourselves where to buy garlic in Spain or where is the best Spanish garlic. The answer to both questions would be Castilla La Mancha, specifically in Las Pedroñeras and their surrounding areas, but this leads us to a third question: Where to buy garlic in Spain – Las Pedroñeras?
Where to buy garlic in Spain – Las Pedroñeras?
Las Pedroñeras is an area in Castilla La Mancha known as “the garlic capital”. It’s made up of 225 villages and cities belonging to the following counties: La Mancha, Mancha, Mancha Alta, Mancha Baja, Manchuela and Centro. This county themselves belong to the provinces of Alcabete, Ciudad Real, Cuenca and Toledo.
Thanks to its superior quality garlic from Las Pedroñeras, in Castilla La Mancha, is one the most well-known garlics all over the world. Balazote, in the province of Albacete, has the same climate, as well as the same land, which results in a garlic of the same excellent quality.
Dispaman’s garlic is grown in Balazote in our own land, in one of the most fruitful agricultural regions of Europe. We also process it in our facilities with great care and with the best human and technological resources.
Among the garlic varieties that we grow you will find:
- Traditional white Chinese garlic: it’s the most common one, very resistant and thick.
- White spring garlic: it has a softer color and flavor and it usually has a decent size and nice exterior, which makes it perfect for commercialization.
- Violet spring garlic: this type of garlic has a really particular color that shows its quality and that garlic aficionados will appreciate.
- Purple garlic: it’s a very popular variety in many countries for its strong flavor and spicy qualities.
- Brown or Gourmet garlic: the name says it all, gourmet. It’s the perfetc garlic to add perfume to any meal with its strong scent. It can be even used on its own with bread and other dishes.
- Black garlic: it’s one of the biggest culinary trends at the moment, and has been for the last few years. Its popularity keeps on growing. Its creamier texture and sweet flavor undertones make it stand out ou among the other garlic varieties.